Forms and questionnaires

Go down

Forms and questionnaires

Post  Dearna on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 am

You know the ones. The ones that ask you to bare your soul, for the paediatrician, the doctors,the professionals. I am so sick of them. I hate that they always focus on the negative 'what he cant do' aspects rather than all the amazing stuff he can do. Normally they give you at best 2-3 lines at the end to list his strengths and abilities. By the time I get to that I am exhausted. I know they are necessary, but I hate them. We recently finished the CONNORS questionnaire that checks for ADD, we have a follow up appointment with the paed in ten days to go over it. Our son is going to end up with more letters after his name than a university professor at this rate!
Dearna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forms and questionnaires

Post  Jeshiko on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 am

ya know I haven't had to do many if any! I'd like all boys to be assessed for ADHD though so am sure I will be sick of them soon too Laughing
Jeshiko
Admin

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:48 am

We've only done one for the actual assessment, aside from the winz form (which the doc filled out the medical stuff)

Oh and the riding for disabled stuff.

Are there more for ADD? Or is the paed wanting more info???
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 am

missbee wrote:We've only done one for the actual assessment, aside from the winz form (which the doc filled out the medical stuff)

Oh and the riding for disabled stuff.

Are there more for ADD? Or is the paed wanting more info???

sorry to TJ but Lara I just found out that the waitlist up here for riding is 2 years!!!! dumb!
Jeshiko
Admin

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 am

Oh wow thats crazy. I know chris wont get in this year, but was hoping next year. I know down here they are short on volunteers, and so only run four instead of five mornings. I would volunteer (as i have done in the past, at Henderson) but i think i need to be there for christophers support more.

Is it zoned? Can you apply for a different one?
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hismama on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:56 am

Oh I totally agree, I mean it's good to be able to be totally honest (and not have your child judged) but gosh...negativity! And I have only done 1!
The one for individual support at Playcentre was great though, it was only about positive stuff and what we *can* do to support him. I guess I should make the most of that while it lasts...only just over a year till school Exclamation

hismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down