hands up if you could have written this!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hands up if you could have written this!

Post  Jeshiko on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

me for sure!!!
Jeshiko
Admin

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: hands up if you could have written this!

Post  hismama on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh that's a great one!

hismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 am

A few years ago yes.

I never forget a man saying "get him in a head lock" and laughing (possible trying to be nice and funny) as we tried to bend him into the push chair amidst a melt down.

Mostly now he doesnt have meltdowns too much in public. Im not sure if thats because he has grown out of some of it, or because we avoid taking him out too much (we hardly take him shopping), or because he has grown shy in the last year or two, and doesnt like to be centre stage. Perhaps a combination. Most meltdowns these days (i saw most....we still have the odd one out in public) are saved up for me and Jonty - arent we lucky!!!!

The last major public one was at swimming. It was a good one. One parent suggested taking him home for time out (that would be a reward for him - time in his room alone, with his toys Laughing )

I totally relate to the part about everyone being a doctor - I've had people say that they dont think he has ASD. Ummm okay are you a doctor?? I dont know why that annoys me so much Evil or Very Mad Laughing
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hismama on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 am

I have had so many people tell me he doesn't have ASD and won't get a diagnosis, gee thanks for being supportive of me, must have missed that part where you went and got a degree in psychology and child development aye!

hismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teegee on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 pm

We had so-called professionals (like OT & SLT) say to us "she isn't ASD" - and I am sure my DH really believed them - so much, that he still doesn't think DD1 has ASD - and the doctor just did it so we can get the CDA Rolling Eyes

teegee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 am

Oh yes, cos $40 a week is really worth the stress of having as ASD child!! Argh some people Rolling Eyes

Its funny how suddenly everyone is an expert! Drives me crazy!! The social worker pointed out, that with aspergers kids its quite common, because they are not glaringly obvious, and that a lot of parents feel guilty getting the CDA. She also pointed out, that Dr Hunter has been around a while so he is unlikely to get it wrong!!!
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:13 am

missbee wrote:Oh yes, cos $40 a week is really worth the stress of having as ASD child!! Argh some people Rolling Eyes

Its funny how suddenly everyone is an expert! Drives me crazy!! The social worker pointed out, that with aspergers kids its quite common, because they are not glaringly obvious, and that a lot of parents feel guilty getting the CDA. She also pointed out, that Dr Hunter has been around a while so he is unlikely to get it wrong!!!

I was wondering if you got the CD with aspergers. That is good Smile
Jeshiko
Admin

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top