Post  teegee on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Makes me feel like I have failed my child by not doing xyz Sad

teegee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate articles like this...

Post  Jeshiko on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 am

I know what you mean. The part about the small age gap and the vitamin/nourishment strikes a cord with me as we have a 23 month gap between Finn and Mikko and though I did take vitamins I am always low on iron and I was also still breastfeeding Finn in the first part of the pregnancy so I think that it played a big part. Unfortunately as Mikko was not dx until after Kasper was born I went on and did exactly the same things Evil or Very Mad
Jeshiko
Admin

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teegee on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 am

Well, for me DD1 is ASD not DD2 and they are only 18 months apart. I was very stressed with work and being pregnant and ms with DD1 - no work with DD2. But with DD3 I had some stress because my cousin died while I was pg and that was a very stressful time for the whole family - so that makes me very worried with regards to DD3 Neutral

teegee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:21 am

None of that aside from the genetic link really apply. And that is just a possibility, no diagnosis there.

Christopher is the only one i actually tried for Embarassed so was on pregnancy vitamins anyway.

I have six years between Eden and Christopher. she is neurotypical.

As for stress - possibly. I was in the air force, and posted to Ohakea, working with my ex and generally hating it LOL.

But yeah i think all parents with a child with any sort of disorder or disability will always search for answers and blame themselves. I refuse to. There is nothing i could have done differently.
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sewsable on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:41 am

I was 33 when I had Ian, so not old enough to come under that. He is only 18 months younger than his brother so that might be an issue, but people have been having kids close together with no issues for millennia. Pretty sure I was having some vitamins, definitely the B one they recommend so I don't think that's it either.
sewsable

View user profile http://http:/raciebaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearna on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 am

I read this yesterday too and I am going to say the first thing that came into my head. "What a load of crap". Our kids having Autism is not our fault. Even if it is genetics, not our fault. You have no control over your genetics. I am going to assume that most of us did the best we thought we could while we were pregnant to keep our babies healthy. No smoking, no drinking no shooting heroin. Seriously ladies, you cannot fall into the blame game here, it will get you nowhere and not help your kids in anyway. My niece and nephew are 14 months apart and my SIL took no vitamins and her kids are typical kids. My sister and I are 19 months apart, my Mum took no vitamins and smoked as well as the occasional glass of wine when pregnant and we are fine. This is autism, it is what it is.Dont let crap like that writing make you feel guilty.
Dearna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 am

Dearna wrote:I read this yesterday too and I am going to say the first thing that came into my head. "What a load of crap". Our kids having Autism is not our fault. Even if it is genetics, not our fault. You have no control over your genetics. I am going to assume that most of us did the best we thought we could while we were pregnant to keep our babies healthy. No smoking, no drinking no shooting heroin. Seriously ladies, you cannot fall into the blame game here, it will get you nowhere and not help your kids in anyway. My niece and nephew are 14 months apart and my SIL took no vitamins and her kids are typical kids. My sister and I are 19 months apart, my Mum took no vitamins and smoked as well as the occasional glass of wine when pregnant and we are fine. This is autism, it is what it is.Dont let crap like that writing make you feel guilty.

I completely agree! I hate playing the blame game...I wont, I refuse to. Why should i take on any guilt for something i have no control over. Its hard enough as it is!!!
missbee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sewsable on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 am

The other thing is, could anything we do now change that our children have autism? The answer is no, we might be able to improve things but they will still be autistic so there's no point looking back when the future is what matters.
sewsable

View user profile http://http:/raciebaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down