paeds follow up?

Go down

paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm

It's been almost 10 months since Mikko was diagnosed and we finally have a follow up apt with the paed on Wednesday. what's it for? well what do they do anyway? I have never been told if he is moderate or severe so is this when that happens?
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  ~JakesMum~ on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 am

We have NEVER had a follow up, we were simply told and handed a bunch of leaflets and left to it. Hope it goes well for you. x
avatar
~JakesMum~

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-09-27
Location : Kent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  sewsable on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:43 am

I don't think Ian's ever had a follow up paed appt; all ours have been for George. GSE used their tame Paed to make the diagnosis and even then I had to ask for specifics. He's ASD as compared to George's PPD-NOS
avatar
sewsable

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Christchurch, New Zealand

View user profile http://http:/raciebaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Joshs-Mummy on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:06 am

We have our follow up in a few weeks, Hopefully this time the dr gets to dx a bit better, he did state at our 1st visit Josh was more than likely to be mid to lower end of the spectrum, But alas Josh dont do being in small rooms,( or going in to any shops no matter what size) last time Josh had a MAJOR meltdown, nothing I did was able to calm him....he finally cried himself to sleep after 20+ mins, so the dr said better to let him sleep rather than wake him to be examined, ......
avatar
Joshs-Mummy

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : At home.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Loretta on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:46 am

We have regular 6 months check up with paeds. They ask questions about Ben and see where he is at and how we are feeling about things, if there is any concerns they will get us an appointment with the right service. I find this very helpful.

Loretta
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  missbee on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 am

Is your appointment today - if so good luck and let us know how it goes Very Happy

avatar
missbee
Admin

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 am

It was a bit depressing really. He would like Mikko to start learning sign language as his speech isn't really progressing and said that he is not tracking to be high functioning Sad Feel a bit gutted as I think the Dr is probably right but Mikko's EIT is always so super pos. that she had me nearly convinced there. Could be wrong of course!
onwards and upwards!
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  sewsable on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:19 am

Oh that's not what you wanted to hear. Don't give up though, we were told at one point to prepare ourselves that Ian might never talk and now he does. He's not a non-stop chatterbox like his brother but he can tell you what he wants and most of the time we can understand him.
avatar
sewsable

Posts : 91
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Christchurch, New Zealand

View user profile http://http:/raciebaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Loretta on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 am

We learnt sign language with our son and now at 8 he is starting to be understood verbally by his teachers Smile Just takes time sometimes.

Loretta
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  hismama on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 am

*hugs* I'm sorry it's not the news you wanted to hear. There is something super cute about little kids signing, though! I hope you can work out some way of him being able to communicate, but don't give up hope of speech, these kids are pretty amazing Smile

hismama

Posts : 77
Join date : 2011-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am

the thing is, if Mikko want to say something he generally uses the word. It's just he only communicates when he wants something so his words are "movie", "Juice" "again" etc. I am not sure that sign language will help in anyway or if I would have any luck in teaching him. I can't see it happening to be honest. he does understand the sign for 'finished' though as I use it for TV time Laughing
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  renee_chch on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Aww Im sorry for your news. *hugs* Wow for Mikko knowing the words for when he wants something. And great he knows one sign language.

Our DD doesnt really have any words that she uses for objects, she just rambles on about things. We're trying really hard to work on her "requesting" We'd love it if she'd say juice for a drink etc, anything to do with eating/drinking. We have to guess if shes hungry/thirsty and basically go by memory of when she last had something. *sigh* sorry if like im whinging a bit. just a bit grumpy from this afternoon

Just found out we have a follow up Paed Appt in November, Dont really know what to expect. Been thinking latley, whats it for exactly? Silently dreading that something else might be brought up aswell. We got diagnosed in August, so im not sure if i should be worried since they want another appt so early.

Also our GP cant find, the paed report of her diagnosis, and we havent heard back from paed office about it either. As i went to complete a form for her, but our Gp couldnt finished it (as he cant legally) as he doesnt have the paed report to confirm her ASD. So that basically just made me grumpy this afternoon. I know i should just be patient. But grrrr is all im feeling at the moment.
avatar
renee_chch

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Christchurch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:13 pm

renee_chch wrote:Aww Im sorry for your news. *hugs* Wow for Mikko knowing the words for when he wants something. And great he knows one sign language.

Our DD doesnt really have any words that she uses for objects, she just rambles on about things. We're trying really hard to work on her "requesting" We'd love it if she'd say juice for a drink etc, anything to do with eating/drinking. We have to guess if shes hungry/thirsty and basically go by memory of when she last had something. *sigh* sorry if like im whinging a bit. just a bit grumpy from this afternoon

Just found out we have a follow up Paed Appt in November, Dont really know what to expect. Been thinking latley, whats it for exactly? Silently dreading that something else might be brought up aswell. We got diagnosed in August, so im not sure if i should be worried since they want another appt so early.

Also our GP cant find, the paed report of her diagnosis, and we havent heard back from paed office about it either. As i went to complete a form for her, but our Gp couldnt finished it (as he cant legally) as he doesnt have the paed report to confirm her ASD. So that basically just made me grumpy this afternoon. I know i should just be patient. But grrrr is all im feeling at the moment.

ring the paed. they are seriosuly slack. We were supposed to have out follow up apt back in June Rolling Eyes
But yeah I would call them and chase up the letter. That way you can get your CDA etc. I just applied for a mobility parking permit Cool There's got to be some perks right Laughing
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  teegee on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm

How come you get a mobility parking permit? Question scratch

teegee

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Wellington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm

teegee wrote:How come you get a mobility parking permit? Question scratch

under criteria 3... something like unable to walk 200metre unassisted

Mikko would sit down in the middle of the road sometimes if he wants to be carried. He also often won't hld my hand and just takes off and is pretty unaware of dangers like cars.

It hasn't come through yet so I'll let you know if we get it but the GP was happy to help me apply so fingers crossed!
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Jeshiko wrote:
teegee wrote:How come you get a mobility parking permit? Question scratch

under criteria 3... something like unable to walk 200metre unassisted

Mikko would sit down in the middle of the road sometimes if he wants to be carried. He also often won't hld my hand and just takes off and is pretty unaware of dangers like cars.

It hasn't come through yet so I'll let you know if we get it but the GP was happy to help me apply so fingers crossed!

etc can't remember if it's 200 or 20 m Laughing
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  teegee on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Lucky you if it does come through - it will be handy since you have 3 kids! I know I struggle taking 3 kids out - mostly because DD1 is a runner Rolling Eyes pale

teegee

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-09-16
Location : Wellington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 pm

teegee wrote:Lucky you if it does come through - it will be handy since you have 3 kids! I know I struggle taking 3 kids out - mostly because DD1 is a runner Rolling Eyes pale

yup! so often I have Kasper on my back and Mikko in my arms. Thats about 29kgs Laughing
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  renee_chch on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Mikko would sit down in the middle of the road sometimes if he wants to be carried. He also often won't hld my hand and just takes off and is pretty unaware of dangers like cars.
Shardei does the exact same thing, Good luck with the permit.

He rang the paed while i was there, but couldnt get the report or the Paed Dr either, so I'll just have to wait til he can. Also Im really curious to read it myself. hehehe.
avatar
renee_chch

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Christchurch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  missbee on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:38 am

just catching up on this update.

Hugs to you. Does the EIT teacher see him more - perhaps she can see more positive development already and sees how far he has come and how far he can go Very Happy



avatar
missbee
Admin

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Jeshiko on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 am

missbee wrote:just catching up on this update.

Hugs to you. Does the EIT teacher see him more - perhaps she can see more positive development already and sees how far he has come and how far he can go Very Happy




yeah she does. She's also seen a lot of kids. But I guess I just can't imagine Mikko anyway other than the way he is now so it's much easier to visualise him not developing iykwim. It's not like he just sits rocking in a corner or anything but he certainly couldn't be mistaken for a neuro-typical 3 year old.
avatar
Jeshiko
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Whangaparaoa

View user profile http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paeds follow up?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum